Friday, January 29, 2010

Dollhouse: The Series Finale "Epitaph 2" 1/29/10





So it's tonight. Uh..more comments to come hopefully about it and the show once I watch this tonight. But I have to add 1 or 2 points already.

This series finale is called "Epitaph Part Two"..and obviously the title alludes to the fact there was an "Epitaph Part One" which was on the 1st Season DVD. An unaired 13th episode.

I don't OWN the 1st season DVD. Nor did I ever desire to fork over the $40 to do so. I also wouldn't be caught dead paying for it via Itoobs. Which leads to 1 of only a couple options:

a) don't watch it even if FOX fails to air it. Assuming the narrative at the beginning would fill-in the holes required to follow the finale.

b) hope the library or 1 of the video rental stores have the Season 1 DVD to RENT.

c) Try and watch it more or less LISTEN AND NOT BE ABLE TO SEE MUCH OF ANYTHING in the darkened screens from any stream/download/torrent etc.

well I caved and found it on a site to stream, but it wasn't really WATCHING but LISTENING. I could see maybe all of 5 or 10 minutes of it. I knew some of the voices thankfully.

But save for FOX changing their schedule at the last minute tonight, they kind of shafted the fans who just like to watch it on their tv's at home on the LIVE NETWORK AIR.

But of course airing the season premiere of "Kitchen Nightmares" is more important will give higher ratings at 8PM instead, lol. Yet they aired many 2-hour/double-episodes of the show the last 2 months.

FOX blows. Maybe I'll have a chance to rent it or it'll be picked up by SyFy eventually and I'll be able to see "Epitaph Part One" like I and all the viewers on the FOX network should have.

Then again, possibly replacing this old monitor with a lcd soon will help, but I'm skeptical. 8 or 9 out of 10 video content from dvds or tv end up looking unwatchably dark. Trying to watch and enjoy the lust-filled parts of TrueBlood would be utterly useless on a pc..at least with the monitor I currently have.

No comments :