Friday, January 15, 2010

The River Empires - The River Empires (2010)

Bump 1/15/10 9:56PM
"Three Tigers" is up on their myspace

sounds good!



BUMP. 12/11/09 10:55PM , 12/12/09 5:08PM & 7:20PM

teaster/trailer clip on their myspace



edit: and I just realized Casey produced Falling Up's album "Fangs"..no wonder.


The River Empires - The River Empires
The Gloomcatcher - Slow Chorale

Casey did some writing on this among other things I guess.



well, here's a new band, that hopefully will not fall into the same fate as some others I'm a supporter-of, of late.



summary: On April 6, 2010 we get the debut album and a 2nd album from a different band called "The Gloom Catcher" for our patience. This guy Jessy Ribordy is from a band called "Falling Up" who of course I've never heard-of; but I suppose is somewhat well-known in the alt/post-hardcore/alt-press scene just to guess. He must be a fan of The Dear Hunter and Casey anyway. But maybe MOST importantly, if Casey didn't do a ton of writing on this (maybe production, mixing kind of stuff and perhaps sang and played some instruments like piano or guitar?), this guy Jessy Ribordy and whoever else did the actual WRITING is going to make-or-break how I feel about this. Regardless, it's good to get some hard-information about it and the bonus of this 2nd band and album.

Being from Oregon, I wonder if Jessy knows Kaddisfly and/or Water & Bodies. Perhaps TRE and W&Bs could do a show together there (if they haven't already?).


new blog posting

Friday, December 11, 2009

Another Update
Current mood:Struthering
We have noticed some confusion and frustration from some of you regarding what is going on with the release of our debut record and it is totally understandable. Yes, it has been quite some time since we actually tracked our record, not to mention all the talking up I have done in the years prior. So there is an update that I believe will make most of you very pleased to hear, but first I want to say a few things...

One, thank you, thank you thank you for still visiting the myspace in support. I know I have said that before, but I can't say it enough, thank you. All of you who are supporting our vision deserve to be treated with the utmost respect. I tend to be a bit sheepish when it comes to the internet. We aren't into the whole twitter thing, or facebook so I understand that it may be hard for some of you to hear updates about us. We hope that is the romantic side to our project though: the simple fact that we aren't selling ourselves too much. But, with that being said, I am pleased to announce a website that will be opening up soon that will have more updates, news, journals, etc. than you can handle. Minus the whoring world of social networking sites, we are hoping to create our own little community online. A place where everyone can come together and share our experiences as a group. This will be taking place at theriverempires.com

Now as for the details most of you probably care way more about: the music. As you know, this project has been a lot of work. It's not easy to self fund an entire project (and I mean entire) with my own personal savings. So this record has been extremely difficult as a group and as for me personally. When you are your only investor, it literally consumes your entire life. I am going to be so happy when things are finally released, but it comes with a price: the slow ebbing away of my sanity and health, ha! If TRE were part of a corporate label or some big wig pencil pushers in an office, yes it would have came out all packaged nicely a few months after we tracked it. BUT it would have been so boring and lame as hell.

Yet I still admit that it has been abnormally long for us to come out with this record. And some of you may even ask why we haven't put just another song up on the myspace and the truth is I am going to put a few up as soon as we set a release date for the album.

One more thing before I get to the main announcement (as you may have noticed, I am trying to gain your pardon before I announce the main update. Not that it's a bad update, but I feel like I need to explain myself first so that there are no misunderstandings as to why we are doing what we are doing). We are hoping to present the release of our album as an event. It won't be just a day, it will be the day that the world of TRE will begin to reveal itself. I know that sounds incredibly self-centered, but I don't mean for it to come off that way. I am just hoping to create an environment that is fitting for our journey, that is why I am hoping to build our release date as an event.

Now, I will declare the release date of TRE. BUT, and this is a very very very huuuuuge BUT, there's a reason for it's insanely late release date. And here is why:

I decided to give all of you a reward for waiting around so long. The reward will be another full length record that you will get for FREE. This other record follows in the footsteps of TRE, yet has it's own separate characteristics. So separate in fact, that it is going by another band name (if you are lost hang on for just a bit longer). I decided to write a few more songs as part of a "sister" record to the TRE album. Essentially it's another band, yet because it is still my songwriting and voice, it pairs nicely along with TRE. It's not cinematic bluegrass like TRE, it's a bit more rock, yet it has a nice little classic folk edge to it. The band is called The Gloomcatcher and I am currently recording the album this December and January. And to up the ante, you will get an almost daily up to date look at the inside process of recording this album. When the TRE website drops soon (as I mentioned above) this project will share the web page, split right down the middle.

So let's just review for a second. The River Empires is a project years in the making that has required the utmost of patience and understanding from all of you. Because I feel bad about the delay of this record and of all things good, I am recording another record that all of you will get for free when the TRE record comes out. This separate band is called The Gloomcatcher. It pairs nicely with TRE. They will be sharing a website and you will be hearing almost daily updates and studio videos from the project as I record it in the next two months.

So there you have it. There will be the myspace makeover for TRE and most likely a myspace will be made for The Gloomcatcher. Once I announce the date of the release below, as far as it seems away, you will understand why and be exited for the compromise I have made with all of you, capice? And it will allow me to update even more as the date of the EVENT will be written in stone.

I am so excited to finally share the debut record of The River Empires. 24 tracks of our blood sweat and tears for the last two years will be available for you. AND another bonus record from a cool little side project called The Gloomcatcher.

The release date is April 6th, 2010.

Love all of you, Jessy Ribordy.

P.S. Email me and let's talk: orionsmusic@mac.com

I am going to post a slew of links below. A few of the top ones are still under construction so don't get mad when they lead to nowhere for right now, but the bottom half are actual sites.

www.theriverempires.com
www.thegloomcatcher.com
myspace.com/thegloomcatcher
myspace.com/jessyribordy
myspace.com/joshuashroy
thecastlehouse.com
myspace.com/wildblueskystudios



original 7/28/09 10:29AM
a new project/band based out of Oregon, that should have a debut album out soon according to their myspace blog.
The River Empires

The biggest note about them tho is Casey Crescenzo of The Dear Hunter also is involved in this project. Although it's not as much of his original work, as some of the other members, Jesse Ribordy, and Josh Shroy I guess. I could add more about that, but no time, nor do I have time at the moment to mention a slew of other new names, but in due time I will hopefully. Perhaps even later today.

No comments :