Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Needle Drop talks to Chris Ott (ex-P4K)



I could probably write 10,000 words about my issues with P4K and even a ton about what they spoke about in this podcast, but I'll refrain for now, save for instead of inviting the trolls, I'll just post a comment here instead.

It's mostly just semantics, but I would love just one person in the media to dismiss the term "indie" and just refer to it as what it was originally called to "College Rock." I'm sure it'll never happen though.


I really don't care what arguments that can be made, or however widespread P4K is, they always have been and likely always will be a site for Hipsters and caught within their own college-rock bubble. The people who don't realize or agree with this, really are blinded by their own mis-conception of how diverse the content they include actually is.

And of course how pretentious and self-indulgent their reviews are.

They're really one-of the worst things in music the last 15 years, but until they do actually go away or become irrelevant to their current followers, that likely will never change.

And it's incredibly sad their founder is from my hometown, lol.

On a side note, I hadn't realized this until a bit ago, TND is now uploading his podcasts to his main channel? Perhaps that's new, or I never noticed that before. I suppose it'll reach a wider audience, but part of his podcast's charm was it wasn't found to the hordes of people who find his main channel.