Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Radical Face - The Family Tree: The Branches (2013)

10/23/13 2:28PM
Paste Magazine stream

I know this is a week old, but I haven't of course had time to post about it in here, let alone even listen to yet myself (maybe today or tomorrow), even though I already bought it on vinyl/download.

I did enjoy some of the new tunes at that show last week. Maybe most notably, the 6+ minute track "The Gilded Hand."

Given I have more to try and catch up on, any more commentary about this group will have to wait. But I can add for now, I am a bigger fan of them now, even more than before, from seeing that show last week. Ben Cooper is a great songwriter and entertaining live performer.

10/11/13 5:19PM
This is the 2nd record in a trilogy of records called "The Family Tree" from Radical Face (1 of many musical projects from Florida based songwriter Ben Cooper).

The 1st record of the trilogy is titled "The Roots" was pretty sweet. New track sounds sublime. Pretty excited to see Ben Cooper and his band? live next week at the Varsity Theatre.

10/22 for the US release. I doubt it, but maybe they'll have them for sale on this tour.

Preorder Link

Hi Folks,

So I've got a couple updates on this new release. I'll keep it short. Promise.

The album proper will be out on Oct.22 (US), Nov.4 (Europe), but the first track, "Holy Branches", is up to listen to on soundcloud if you'd like to hear that. And I just finished a video for that song that I'm pretty tickled about. That should be up soon.

I've been getting emails about the preorders, and those are up on Amazon and Itunes, but I also have a deal on my webstore with a bunch of extra goodies. So yes, I am doing a preorder package -http://radicalface.s...musictoday.com/

And lastly, I am now on the road. I'm typing this in the van. Here are the tour dates again in case you're interested in coming out to the show: 

9-Oct Sixth Street Synagogue Washington, DC
10-Oct World Café Live Philadelphia, PA
11-Oct Le Poisson Rouge New York, NY
13-Oct The Sinclair Cambridge, MA 
15-Oct Lincoln Hall Chicago, IL
16-Oct Varsity Theatre Minneapolis, MN
19-Oct The Biltmore Cabaret Vancouver, Canada
20-Oct Tractor Tavern Seattle, WA
21-Oct Mission Theatre Portland, OR
23-Oct Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA
24-Oct Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Hollywood, CA
9-Nov Colston Hall 2 Bristol, United Kingdom
10-Nov The Deaf Institute Manchester, United Kingdom
12-Nov Union Chapel London, United Kingdom
13-Nov Point Ephemere Paris, France
15-Nov Crossing Borders Festival Enschede, Netherlands
16-Nov Crossing Borders Festival The Hague, Netherlands
17-Nov Crossing Borders Festival Antwerp, Belgium
19-Nov Kulturkirche Cologne, Germany
20-Nov Lido Berlin, Germany
21-Nov Uebel & Gefaehrlich Hamburg, Germany
23-Nov HAFEN 2 Offenbach, Germany
24-Nov Karlstorbanhnhof Heidelberg, Germany
25-Nov Backstage Munich, Germany

And that's it for now. I hope everyone is well.

-Ben