Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Felix Culpa RIP



thefelixculpa.com

THE END IS NIGH

August 10th, 2011

To whomever is reading this,
Eight years ago we decided to be a band. Tonight we decided to stop. Whether you have been with us since the Divine Cup days in Rockford, IL or you heard us for the first time tonight, thank you. With every ounce of our four hearts, thank you. You have been the reason we were The Felix Culpa and each one of you were with us all along. For those of us in this band, it has been a life changing experience that profoundly shaped who we are as people, but seasons change and songs end. Now, we humbly ask you to be with us one last time as we celebrate the music, friendship and memories that were made along the way in a final performance in Chicago. We'll let you know the details as soon as they are available. Until then, chin up. No tears. Only from endings can new beginnings be born.

Final show info & ticketing details will be available soon at TheFelixCulpa.com. Keep checking back.

-Culpa


God I feel terrible in some ways about reading this. Not only are they a band I have gotten into recently with their album from 2010 Sever Your Roots, and with Pure Reason Revolution's announcement just yesterday. But I owe them/others/myself a review of Sever Your Roots still. Plus I talked to 1 of the members whom I'm blanking on at this time, I talked to and told him about this blog. And he was genuinely interested. But I mentioned to him about As Tall As Lions and band breakups and things, and how I hope they don't.

WTF..that's almost like when I talked to 1 of the twins from School of Seven Bells about Warpaint and the industry last year; she then goes ahead and leaves the band in the middle of the tour.

Do I curse these bands/people? or is it pure coincidence? I would think I have NOTHING to do with it, but somehow, in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder.

Fuck I'm sorry :(. But also at some point, I am going to expect band after band to breakup. It's going to happen every month probably. I really hope it's for the best.