Friday, January 7, 2011

Menomena: Brent Knopf leaves. Tour+Reissue





Menomena's post

After 10 years of fruit­ful col­lab­o­ra­tion, Brent Knopf has decided to part ways with Menom­ena to focus on Ramona Falls and other cre­ative pur­suits. We want to thank Brent for his vast con­tri­bu­tions over the years and wish him noth­ing but hap­pi­ness in all of his future endeav­ors. All three of us look for­ward to see­ing you soon!

The March US Tour will fea­ture Paul Acott round­ing out the quartet.
02-04 Brisbane, Australia - Fortitude Valley
02-05 Melbourne, Australia - Footscray Community Arts Centre
02-06 Sydney, Australia - Sydney College of the Arts
02-07 Sydney, Australia - The Factory Theatre
02-09 Melbourne, Australia - East Brunswick Club
02-11 Adelaide, Australia - Fowler’s Live
02-12 Perth, Australia - Perth Cultural Centre
03-04 Minneapolis, MN - U of M
03-05 Ames, IA - The Maintenance Shop
03-06 Iowa City, IA - The Mill
03-09 Columbia, MO - Blue Note
03-10 St. Louis, MO - The Gargoyle
03-11 Louisville, KY - Headliners Music Hall
03-12 Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
03-15 New Orleans, LA - Republic
03-16 Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
03-17-20 Austin, TX - SXSW
04-15-17 Indio, CA - Coachella

more on p4k about the reissue of IAtFBM


a) well, I/many knew or saw this coming. At least part of it.

b) I'm glad I did see them the one time last September with Brent.

c) I'm glad they are coming back even without Brent

d) I'm certainly looking forward to the next Ramona Falls record. Perhaps even in 2011.

e) I have no idea who Paul Acott is (not the guy from 13 Knots who helped them out on tour last fall I'm assuming)

f) I am looking forward to the reissue of I Am the Fun Blame Monster! certainly with a dvd and bonus stuff.

but the big thing that I still wonder about is, will Justin and Danny continue as Menomena, and for how long. I guess we'll see. Brent was likely the one who seemed the most likely to leave, as that story I read last Summer said a lot of the Ramona Falls songs were rejected by the band anyway. Sad, but true.