Saturday, March 26, 2016

Eddie Trunk on why King's X never got huge



I can't say I disagree with what Eddie Trunk said, but its always been baffling.

Not commercial enough not so much for the fans, but for a label rep or promoter, etc to really push them everywhere.

And I kind of have often if not always seen them as the 1st of a long string of bands who the exact same thing happened to. Three, Oceansize, dredg,...I would say even to an extent The Dear Hunter, but I think the jury is still out about how commercially successful they will become. But, King's X is a good example of how you can still make music and survive, however frugally. Their art still ultimately won out, even if it didn't exactly make their financial lives comfortable like many of their contemporaries (the grunge bands namely).