Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Alex Lifeson interview about the future of Rush (in 2016 and Beyond)

RS story

rush band promo photo canada geddy lee thrash hits

This is not really news, except for it being more or less official now. Altough the quotes from Alex in that are more or less what he's said in interviews over the last 6 months about Neil and the R40 tour being difficult/painful for him.

And there's not an actual quote from Alex, at least that I can tell, that says they are never going to ever tour again.

It just has this quote

"We had such a great time on the tour," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "And it was really nice to go through all the material in reverse chronology, and I think our fans really enjoyed it. I think that no matter how long it would have been, it would have been too short. Neil was prepared to commit to 30 dates and he told us that right from the very beginning. He didn't even want to do the tour, to be honest with you. It's been increasingly difficult for him, but he committed to the tour and we got through it. As far as he was concerned, that was the end of touring."

But anyway, this has been more or less the belief long before the R40 tour even. I imagine they will still play the 1-offs or special shows at some point. Or Geddy and Alex will end up doing some shows either together or alone perhaps down the road.

And they may put out more recordings at least.

For me personally, I saw them I count 8? times, so I can't complain.