Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Dang Ol' Tri'ole - Rise and Shine (2014)

This is a Bluegrass/Folk/Cabaret/Prog of some sort project from Minnesota, which includes the Higgins brothers from Brice Plays Drums. I may be off on this, but I thought at least 1 of the other members of this group used to be with Brice Plays Drums. Wesley Full? I believe it is, and from chatting with him I got the impression he was one of the main driving forces/songwriters.

At any case, they had a CD release show last Friday that I meant to but did not make due to seeing Sloan with the GF at the Turf Club instead.

But this track below especially has me quite intrigued to hear more of this new 2nd LP of theirs.

I'll have to bump this topic when I get that chance, hopefully soon as they have more gigs lined up over the next few weeks.

http://www.thedangoltriole.com/

Facebook

Soundcloud