Monday, March 11, 2013

Jimmy Gnecco of Ours: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance-Vocal Tracks OST

This is I guess a game, maybe derived/evolved/de-evolved from "Metal Gear Solid" how many generations from when I recall hearing about it back in the late 90's.


Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance-Vocal Tracks
Amazon Link


Jimmy Gnecco I guess does in fact sing on both of these tracks, which are used in the game? and maybe at some point on an original soundtrack for the game.

The style, might be best described as Symphonic/Power/Speed/Prog Metal with some Dubstep. Jimmy, well it does sound like him, it also sounds like he wasn't really singing like he's used to. Although, on paper, hearing Jimmy sing any kind of operatic Metal or progressive stuff, I actually think might not be bad. These tracks naturally got some criticism by some of the Ours fans on the fans forum, but I suppose I don't find them un-listenable really. Other than the reverb and compression, but that also may be partly due to these being on Youtube.

I, like many of the comments on the Ours Fans Forum, hope he earns a reasonable amount of money for singing on this/for this game. And don't worry that this is the style of music he and Ours are heading towards. But like I said, at least on paper, I wouldn't be so opposed to hearing his voice with some of the style of music that is on this.

edit: it actually is for a Soundtrack composed and released under the name

Jamie Christopherson .
Tracks 10 and 11


10 Collective Consciousness (Maniac Agenda Mix) 2:38
11 It Has To Be This Way (Platinum Mix) 2:55