Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear 89.3, Radio K and others..

I am a volunteer at KFAI, I know about pledge drives. But I guess I can't help but still raise the question when hearing your drives on the air.

How often do they play my favorite musician of all-time, Kevin Gilbert?
How often do they play my favorite band of all-time Marillion?
How often do they play one of my favorite bands of the last 5 years, The Dear Hunter?

The same might be asked of Citypages, The Electric Fetus, both the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press music sections, even Vita.mn to a lesser degree. Did Citypages include much about the upcoming Kimbra headlining show that is SOLD OUT at The Varsity Theater? no, not really. They found Mike Snow to be more significant of a concert to feature next Tuesday. Why? I'm not sure, but perhaps because he's playing at First Ave?