Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kaddisfly - Demos & Rarities (2011)

http://kaddisfly.bandcamp.com/





1. Man On a String 3:49
2. Lately 4:12
3. Hourglass 2:58
4. It Has To Be This Way 3:34
5. Conan 3:04
6. You Are A Painter 4:11
7. Slow Motion 4:10

Holee Fuck.

Seriously, these are TREMENDOUS. I dig Water & Bodies, but these are just, so fucking good. So big, dynamic, epic, powerful.

Most fans, including those who are very into W&B still stand by the belief K-Fly are more or less done. But if you do hear it from some that know the guys (Dan Fury and some others namely), they'll still stick with Kaddisfly is not ultimately done, and someday Horses Galloping on Sailboats will be fully written and recorded.

edit: This is a collection of demos and rarities recorded between 2007- 2008. There is no timeline for when Horses Galloping on Sailboats will be recorded. These songs are for all the fans that have stuck with us and shown their love. This marks our 10 year anniversary. Thank you.

credits
released 17 December 2011
Tracks 1-3 recorded at Rain City Studios (Portland, OR). Produced by Ryan Furlott.

Tracks 4-6 recorded at Interlace Audio (Portland, OR). Produced by Kris Crummett.

Track 7 recorded at East Lake Recording (Springfield, MA). Produced by Enoch Jenson.

Original Artwork by: Ryan Case
Cover Design by: Christopher Ruff


The last thing I heard in regards to Kaddisfly, was some talk of doing a reunion show, I want to say the hope was this fall, but I don't believe it ever happened.

Anyway, as far as this release, they sound awesome, and you know what? I am going to likely include these in my 2011 Index, as silly as it sounds. These songs I'll probably go back to, at least a few times in the coming weeks, to believe this collection, even just as demos (and what sounds like pretty damn well produced demos, at that), they are as good if not better than many records from earlier this year.

Also the fact, I fucking love Kaddisfly doesn't hurt.

Along with last year, while at least it was in November, those The River Empires Demos/Rarities were somewhat in a similar in coming-in-at-the-last-minute-but-still-too-good-not-to-forget.

I dunno, maybe putting these up may spark something new from Kaddisfly camp in 2012? Water & Bodies have done their thing, 2 EPs and a full-length. If Kile and Beau are both available in some capacity, maybe those guys could find the time next year. I know a ton of fans would be totally overjoyed. In the mean time, I and those fans are going to love the fuck out of these tunes.

And to think, some moron at Atlantic Records chose Circa Survive over hearing these? lol. So typical, yet still incredibly pathetic.

oh and one other note, I likely would have been on these earlier, but I just saw The Book of Right On headline at The Cedar Cultural Center. Incredible show (from them namely). But to say that along with a cold and stuff with the gf may make the near impossible, just that (impossible) given net hours to write 50 some blurbs. My best guess will be I'll email and call-in to Used Bin Radio on Tuesday night, and at least by the time said show is aired the next week on purerockradio.com along with the podcast shared, a great amount if not all 50 + blurbs will be available.

But for now, tomorrow, maybe Monday, I will only get done what I can, and publish what makes sense. All of it by Tuesday's call-in? if I get in-the-zone, perhaps. But pulling that off would be one of those miracle-jobs of mine.

It also is probably worth mentioning, the 5-year anniversary of this blog came on December 4th, 2011, but I didn't write anything officially until December 21st. So this Wednesday is sort in-effect my 5-year anniversary. What may I do for it? I honestly don't know right now; perhaps something along the lines of sharing 1 or 2 memories/entries or something, lol. Or maybe nothing more than writing "Happy 5 years. Now it's time for me to quit..or maybe my goal now is to see if I can waste more of my life away in the next 5 years, so by December 21st, 2016 I'll know."