Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Local Natives News: Film + Andy leaves

Wow, 2 pieces of news that are slightly delayed on my part. But, for one, Local Natives, as much as I still love their music and the guys are great, they have finally *made it* so to speak. At least for now. So my keeping tabs on them every day might not be what it once was.

Plus, I don't recall seeing them post anything about these 2 things on twitter or facebook. I may have missed them and they got buried in my twitter feed I suppose.

But my thoughts are 1st sad about Andy leaving as he had been with them more or less since the beginning of Cavil at Rest. But I also am reminded of the likes of people like John Arch (Fates Warning) and maybe more similarly, John Rutsey (Rush) among many others, in the whole constant touring and attention gets to be too much to deal with.

Kevin Moore with Dream Theater is another clear example of that.

But who knows the exact reason behind Andy's departure. I only wish him well and the band can find a new bass player soon.

Actually another that comes to mind in a way is Kile Brewer with Kaddisfly. Another parallel with K-Fly, lol.

As far as this new film, I'm certainly looking forward to it. I couldn't help but watch it and think, I'd like to see Fleet Kittens rock out like that ending of Sun Hands there.



Unfortunate News

It is with extremely heavy hearts that we announce that we have recently parted ways with our bassist Andy Hamm. Due to unresolved differences within the band, we strongly feel that, in order to continue in a positive direction, this is the best course of action. We wish Andy the best and will miss him deeply.


-Kelcey, Matt, Ryan and Taylor


"Almost Home" film coming from filmmakers High/Low


Local Natives: Almost Home Trailer from High/Low Film on Vimeo.

Weaving together two sold-out shows at The Fonda Theatre with a series of intimate vignettes exploring the patience, respect and compromise that propel the Local Natives’ volatile creative nucleus, Almost Home is the story of a true democracy, where every band member contributes equally, sharing in the triumphs and follies of building a career the old way: by rarely seeing home. Visually, Yours Truly and High/Low Film took cues from the band's home-grown album artwork to cultivate a pop-art aesthetic, mixing the mediums of 8mm, 16mm, still photography, and digital video for a tale of friendship, hard work and self-sacrifice.