Sunday, March 10, 2019

Local Natives - Violet Street (2018-2019)

So this was announced on Friday and I never got around to sharing the details of the 4th proper record from Local Natives, Violet Street, coming out on April 26th.

The 1st single "Cafe Amarillo" I shared a little while ago, and the 2nd single/video "When am I Gonna Lose You" is below.

I'm kind of indifferent to both of those tunes. Not bad, a little more funky/groove-oriented. Some nice vocal parts, but I'm not fully attached.

But these guys have yet to release an album I was disappointed with, so I'm not assuming anything based on those 1st 2 tracks. Sunlit Youth, Hummingbird, Gorilla Manor are all among the best record over the last decade.

https://www.thelocalnatives.com/



local-natives-violet-street.jpg
1. Vogue
2. When am I Gonna Lose You
3. Cafe Amarillo
4. Munich II
5. Megaton Mile
6. Someday Now
7. Shy
8. Garden of Elysian
9. Gulf Shores
10. Tap Dancer