Tuesday, July 21, 2015

David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock (2014-2015)

7/21/15 10:50PM

I know this news is a few days old, I just never got around to posting it and streaming the new, title track below.

The song? it's not bad, nothing breathtaking, but decent enough I suppose. His vocals sound a little different than I expected I suppose. Maybe I'm used to him using more of a deeper tone/register.

I mean as far as David Gilmour's solo music, I'm lukewarm about it at best. I did check out On an Island, after not doing so for years, finally last year, and found it good but not great. It's by some people's take, a sequel to The Division Bell. Vaguely I guess, but it doesn't have the consistency I guess that TDB has.

Anyway, I guess anything from him is more or less gravy as The Endless River has been kind of under my and others radar since about the 1st week of the year. But maybe not having any vocals impacted that? I dunno.

I guess given this album is coming out, it's something to check out certainly, and at this stage in his life/career, it's nice to hear anything new, however good it actually is. I wish someone like Peter Gabriel would find some inspiration from this.

And the tour? no Minnesota date, but 2 shows are in Chicago April 4th and 8th of 2016.

http://www.davidgilmourtour.com/tour-dates.html

I guess he's never played a solo show in Minnesota, so to expect one might be a stretch. I guess my 2016 calendar is unclear still, but it might be something to think about if he does not in fact come here.

http://www.davidgilmourtour.com/new-album.html

​​The new David Gilmour solo album "Rattle That Lock" will be released on September 18 2015. The album will be available as a CD edition with clothbound, foil-blocked cover, including a 22-page booklet. Also available will be a heavyweight vinyl, digital download and a deluxe box edition, which will include 4 Barn Jam films, 4 non-album audio tracks, 4 documentaries, and 2 promo clips. Available on CD+DVD or Blu-Ray will include 2 hardback books, a double-sided poster, a postcard and a David Gilmour plectrum. A complete album tracklisting and vendor guide can be found on the David Gilmour Rattle That Lock portal here. 



​1. 5 A.M.
2. Rattle That Lock
3. Faces Of Stone
4. A Boat Lies Waiting
5. Dancing Right In Front Of Me
6. In Any Tongue
7. Beauty
8. The Girl In The Yellow Dress
9. Today
10. And Then...