Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Progressive Rock Film

prog | film from David Robin on Vimeo.


I just noticed this posted on progressiveers.com the other day. The film maker I guess compiled the interviews and things for it from around 2000-2002. Then tried to shop it around but got no takers to release it or air it in any fashion. I kind of feel bad for him as it seems he put a lot of time and money into it, and it came out pretty good.

Although, it is rather deep in terms of names and progressive rock artists covered, but they are more or less "prog" rather than groups experimenting. In other words, many of the names are names the underground progressive communities know, and only do know (and likely only will be the ones who will). Or, many of them are what I like to call "profile" Prog Festival bands.

But that being said, it's interesting seeing it and some of the music industry comments from Rick Wakeman and Steve Hackett among others, some 8 years ago.

Personally, not only a Kevin Gilbert documentary would be a desire of mine to make, but perhaps even just something like this, but covering a lot of music over the last 20 or so years. I.e., a lot of the stuff in this blog. Maybe I'll include that as a 2nd goal/dream/desire before I die to have made. Even sans some of the numbers and significant interviews.