Friday, June 3, 2011

Coldplay - TBA (2011)





1st single released today "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" is now streaming at http://coldplay.com.

this is supposed to be a concept album of sorts as I recall reading at least 1 story. My take on these guys, they are good, but only amazing on a few songs (namely "Clocks"). But I don't think they deserve the shit they receive necessarily. Are they U2? no. But are they as annoying as Radiohead? hardly. If all the attention Radiohead gets were transferred over to them, thus making Radiohead still obscure, the music world would be better.

That being said, I will listen, not expect much, but hope it'll surprise me. This new song is being received well from some comments, but I won't know what I think about it until later of course when I get home from work.