Tuesday, November 11, 2014

sElf on Last Call with Carson Daly 11/10/14 (and 9/25/14)

The videos of these 3 classic tracks from GizmodgeryBreakfast with Girls and Subliminal Plastic Motives at least for me are a bit choppy, but the sound seems to stream fine. I did see Matt Mahaffey post this on Facebook last night, but I forgot to try and set up my DVR. I wonder if Carson said anything about sElf or Matt or interviewed him. Not that I'm a huge fan of Carson Daly, but it is cool he is giving sElf this kind of exposure now, and I'd be curious if there was more that I am not finding on the show's website.

That is now 2 or more? talk show appearances for sElf (Jimmy Kimmel Live I recall). I wonder what it may mean though as it appears the sElf/Matt Facebook Page is only at 5000+ likes still, for what it's worth.

Maybe it's worth repeating, but the more I have thought about it, I see Matt very much like how Kevin Gilbert would be if he was still around, career-wise. His talent for songwriting is uncanny, and it may only be a matter of time when he writes a song so good, it will become a hit. But then again, be careful what you wish for or speculate, I suppose.

I do know that after seeing those videos, I really would love to see sElf live someday. Tennessee to Minnesota isn't all that far, so a small tour that hits Minneapolis may happen eventually, as long as sElf still plays live.





and here's a clip of "Sophomore Jinx" back in September