Saturday, November 15, 2014

New Mew songs (Live)

I often don't treat live versions of new songs, that especially I haven't heard before, all that important when evaluating new music. But, this is Mew, and I and others a bit famished for new music from them, so to hear even live versions of some of the music presumably that will be on their soon-to-be-released next LP (early 2015 in all likelihood), is worth something.

At the same time, I'm luke warm about hearing these; perhaps in 6 months after the record has come out and knowing many of these songs better, I'll laugh about that. But for now, this is just a glimpse of what Mew fans like myself have to look forward to soon.

I will say, the 1st video for the song "Water Slides" sounds pretty nice.

Also, I noticed how "Coffee Break" is included in the setlists for the recent shows they played in Finland and Norway. "Coffee Break" being the closing track from Mew's debut record A Triumph of Man, an album I own along with their follow-up Half the World is Watching Me, remastered in fact, but have only listened to a few times both (and should know much better than I do, given my love for Mew).

"Water Slides"
"Russle"
"Satellite"
"Grizzly" (or it may be known as "Cross the River On Your Own")
"Witness"

"Changes (Outro/Medley)" (NOT NEW I DON'T BELIEVE)
"Coffee Break" (NOT NEW)