Saturday, November 8, 2014

Kimbra - 90's Music on David Letterman 11/7/14




Saw her last week in Minneapolis, some of the new tracks are better live. Her band is pretty boss. I agree with some of the comments on there in that 'Miracle" or even "Nobody But You" probably would have been more accessible, but then again, I felt the same way about "Cameo Lover" as a lead single instead of "Settle Down."

But I applaud her in these situations in not compromising. Some of the other comments say if you don't get or care for this song, than you may not as well get or care for her, even though there may be other songs you may like if you heard them.

She's directing her music to more open-minded/liberal-minded listeners in some ways I suppose.

i.e. if you don't like it, she doesn't need you, lol..in a matter of speaking.

But yeah, her band is badass.

I also could add, I ran into Josh Rheault formerly of The Receiving End of Sirens and The Dear Hunter and now the great jangly Power-Pop band Mercies (and Mercies have a new album coming in January from what he told me). Josh does tech/stage work for Kimbra, at least on this tour. I wonder if Josh has had the chance to share any of his music with her (beyond TDH, which she knows). She probably would like Mercies anyway.