Friday, January 25, 2013

Buke and Gase - General Dome (2013)

Buke & Gase - General Dome

1 Houdini Crush
2 Hiccup
3 In the Company of Fish
4 General Dome
5 Hard Times
6 Sturtle
7 Twisting the Lasso of Truth
8 You Do Yours First
9 Split Like a Lip, No Blood on the Beard
10 Cyclopean
11 Contortion in Training
12 My Best Andre Shot
13 Metazoa


Release date is this Tuesday, January 29th.

Well I just saw this a bit ago. I'm not surprised they have a new album, but also excited to just learn of it and get to hear it. The stream is just above this from NPR?

I can't add a ton right now, but I'll just say, they were 1 of a handful of groups I discovered last year, that I mean to still spend more time with. They have this cool twangy, acoustic, dynamic folk/rock thing. Odd, quirky, funny at times if I recall. I wanted to see them live with Deerhoof at Mill City Nights but I didn't make it for that show. Perhaps they'll be back supporting this new record of theirs in 2013.