Friday, August 10, 2012

Ramona Falls touring with The Helio Sequence November 2012





Very cool double bill. The Helio Sequence are a band I've always liked, but never got blown away by in the studio. However, the 1 time I saw them at 1st Ave I think the Fall of 2007, it was only 2 guys, 1 Singer (and guitarist?) and a drummer/keyboardist (I think he may have *sequenced* a lot of the keys live). But this show I saw them, they opened for Minus the Bear (1 of 2 times I saw MtB get outstaged by their opening act).

At any case, THS are a band I definitely am up for seeing live again, and of course I love Ramona Falls. The Helio Sequence have a new record called Negotiations coming out on September 11. And of course RF's just released a great new record Prophet.

And this show is on Thursday November 8th at The Turf Club, which has become 1 of my 1st choices in venues for various reasons:

-in St.Paul/close
-Parking is free and convenient
-it's not Hipster really

I also just realized I own a Split 7" vinyl from The Helio Sequence/Menomena . Both acts are from the Pacific Northwest anyway, so this tour isn't incredibly surprising.

Facebook post from Ranmona Falls

I'm so excited to announce :
RAMONA FALLS on TOUR in NOVEMBER
(we open for The Helio Sequence (Official) )

2 November @ Dan's Silverleaf in DENTON, TX All Ages
5 November @ University of Oklahoma in NORMAN, OK (free)
6 November @ Mojo's in COLUMBIA, MO All Ages
7 November @ The Mill in IOWA CITY, IA
8 November @ Turf Club in ST. PAUL, MN 21+
9 November @ Shank Hall in MILWAUKEE, WI 21+
10 November @ Lincoln Hall in CHICAGO, IL 18+
12 November Horseshoe Tavern TORONTO, ON 19+
13 November il motore in MONTREAL, QC 18+
14 November @ Brighton Music Hall in BOSTON, MA 18+
15 November @ Bowery Ballroom in NEW YORK, NY 18+
16 November @ Black Cat in WASHINGTON, DC All Ages
17 November @ Underground Arts in PHILADELPHIA, PA

Mark your calendars! Hope to see you at a show!!!