Thursday, August 23, 2012

Biffy Clyro - Opposites (2012)



New single "Stingin' Belle"



I know this is not new *news* in that the single came out on July 31st, etc. And it appears they had up to THREE different potential titles for this new album, but Opposites, I guess is going to be the title. Release date? I saw 1 thing say August 11th, but obviously it didn't come out that day.

2009's Only Revolutions was good, but I didn't find as addictive as 2007's Puzzle. This new single is okay, the outro sounding like the best part. Biffy Clyro are one of those bands I still like, but doubt I'll ever love, so I don't know why I'd expect this record to blow me away.

I am curious if Mike Vennart of Oceansize/British Theatre actually played on it. I suppose it's unlikely given his schedule, but he is/has been a touring member of the band for quite awhile.