Thursday, February 22, 2018

Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer (2017-2018)

 Details and 2 new songs/video

“Dirty Computer” - an emotion picture by Janelle Monáe arrives on 4.27.18

14 tracks per itunes

edit: Now having heard and watched both, I can follow this post she made on Twitter



These 2 songs/videos are more "out there" and controversial than many if not all of her other songs/videos. "Django Jane" being explicit verbally and basically being a Rap.
Although it is in a lot of ways taking the idea behind "Q.U.E.E.N."  "Categorize me I DEFY EVERY LABEL" etc.

The "Make Me Feel" song is not bad, and the video, I guess is explicitly provocative and sexual, which also seems like a departure to a point for Janelle. But I can see finding that fine.

I guess I like both tracks, but especially Django Jane, I hope fits a concept to this new album (although I like a lot of the pop-culture references, Decepticons?, and I would rather listen to Janelle rap over 99% of other rap or hip-hop artists...blechkendrickblechlamarblech).






No automatic alt text available.





No release date, but interesting to see Tessa Thompson in the trailer.