Friday, November 10, 2017

Rest in Peace Chuck Mosley (of Faith No More)

Untitled


Not that I have ever been too attached to the 1st 2 Faith No More albums, although I purchased Introduce Yourself a few years back, on of all formats, cassette tape (and the wife and I ironically just saw the Cassette documentary tonight), and I did like a good amount of it. The vocal style he had, honestly isn't incredibly different from Mike Patton.

And I suppose I likely never fully evaluated it and the music on those 2 albums with Chuck. It's just Patton is just so good, and the songwriting on those 2 albums are, along with most comments about them not being as good as the Patton stuff, kind of shy-ed me away from ever getting too into them.

But it's never too late. Sad to see this, although I recall why he was asked to leave the band and some stuff between him and FNM happened legally/socially. But I guess he reunited with them a few times, and considered some of the members family.

But if this was per addiction/substance abuse, very sad, but I can't say I'm totally surprised. Regardless, this is sad to see, only 57. Rest in Peace.

Also odd, he reminds me a little of Doug Pinnick for some reason. I suspect the 2 of them may have been friends.

https://www.avclub.com/r-i-p-chuck-mosley-former-faith-no-more-frontman-1820353121


It’s with a heavy, heavy heart we acknowledge the passing of our friend and bandmate, Chuck Mosley. He was a reckless and caterwauling force of energy who delivered with conviction and helped set us on a track of uniqueness and originality that would not have developed the way it had had he not been a part. How fortunate we are to have been able to perform with him last year in a reunion style when we re-released our very first record. His enthusiasm, his sense of humor, his style and his bravado will be missed by so many. We were a family, an odd and dysfunctional family, and we’ll be forever grateful for the time we shared with Chuck.