Saturday, April 8, 2017

Rolling Stone's ANDY GREENE take on YES

My wife just showed me this, a summary of the history of Yes, and while there's a number issues and disagreements with it from me, and even the fact he doesn't know how to pronounce Trevor Rabin's name (it's RAY-BIN by the way).

This is an interesting illustration of the Fraternity and story of Yes with the drama, backstabbing, and conflicts that happened regularly throughout most of their history.

I don't have the time to elaborate on this and others, but it does beg the desire for more details and even a list of some of the bands who have this kind of history. Why my wife hates BANDS for the most part and thinks solo artists work much better per the lack of arguments and EGOS.




http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/yes-an-animated-breakdown-of-the-band-over-19-iterations-w475371