Sunday, April 3, 2016

Rush - 2112 Comic Book Video Suite

http://www.rush.com/2112-comic-book-video-suite/

This is pretty awesome to see. And it's to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the release of 2112 which came out on April 1st, 1976.

Time:

It does make me wonder what may happen in the year 2112 with the Rush album. Or just in 2112 a bit, as corny as that sounds. And of course I and nearly everyone reading this in the next 5-20 years likely won't even be alive to see it sadly. I suppose children, grandchildren, etc could be.

I also can't help but wonder and wish other things like this could be made. I recall back around 2002, 2003, 2005? I forget, but a dude started work on a Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory Manga. They got through "Strange DejaVu" but I never heard more of it.

Others like Coheed and Cambria (which has been made into a graphic novel I think), and The Dear Hunter (which has been and still is in progress to be made and published).

But sync-ed up to the music, etc I'm unaware of. But I could easily see those happening at some point, especially if there is someone who has the time and interest that was put into this.

Now, will 2112 the movie happen? Rush has become popular enough in recent years, Hollywood or someone in the Film industry may actually try and do it. I just hope it happens while all the Rush guys are still around.