Sunday, April 17, 2016

Record Store Day 2016 (Video #1, 19mins)



Per the description on YouTube:

Joyce and I tell about our experience on Record Store Day on April 16, 2016.

A video showing footage, conversations should follow (10-12 mins approx).

-The Monkees - 50th Anniversary Boxed Set
-The Monkees Picture Disc
-The Monkees - The Monkees Scoop 33 1/3 [EP]
-Michael Nesmith - And the Hits Just Keep on Comin'
-Madonna - Like A Virgin & Other Big Hits! [EP]
-Michael Nesmith - Mama Rocker/Lazy Lady 
-The Monkees - Good Clean Fun/Mommy and Daddy
-Michael Nesmith - Rio (7" Promo)
-Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'/Losin' End (12")
-Alannah Myles - Alannah Myles
-Club Nouvaeu - Lean On Me (12" Remix)

-Mew- And the Glass Handed Kites
-Foals - Rain b/w Daffodils (Mark Ronson cover)
-Battles - Mirrored
-Sigur Ros - Ágætis byrjun

This video came out, overall pretty well. A lot of stuff about The Monkees stuff of course. We didn't tell every angle to our story of course, namely the change in plans before hand about going to multiple stores simultaneously, etc. And how we went to Whole Foods on Snelling for brunch. Along with more about Joyce's dog Coco's health concerns.

And as I mentioned, I shot a bunch of short clips during the day that I will try and edit-together if the Premierie Elements software doesn't require 8 hours to create/make/save, etc.

I still though mean to pickup a copy of Peregrine from The Appleseed Cast and that Hello Kitty Picture Hello World disc for Joyce. I saw them both on ebay, although the auctions may be over now, but there were multiple copies of both.

And it wouldn't shock me to see them at other stores down the road (like the Sigur Ros album was from a past RSD I recall).