Tuesday, December 1, 2015

React To: WATCHMOJO.COM'S "Top 10 Rock(Folk-Pop) Vocal Harmonies"



Voting Results (only 1 factor WMJ uses of course)


While this list isn't a bad list overall (I enjoy Queen, The Beach Boys and Crosby, Stills and Nash The Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel tunes namely, although they all have other, maybe better examples than the ones included), there's some stuff that is pretty head scratching about it. For one, it seems like 7 or 8 of the 10 songs (and most of the Honorable Mentions) are not really "Rock" but more of the "Folk-Pop" style. Other than Queen and Alice Chains really, not really many of these songs or even artists people refer to as "Rock" but more "Pop" (or Pop/Rock) and Folk.

Also stuff like the Fleetwood Mac and Eagles tunes are nothing special from a vocal harmonies standpoint.

So I have included below many of my favorites and what would be among my favorites or on my list. I'm sure I'll remember some I am not including on here (and maybe I'll edit them in, or do a 2nd list?).