Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Record Store Day 2015

4/21/15 5:23AM

Here's the 1st part of the footage I shot, sort-of. Unfortunately, there's some here (and likely more in the rest of the content I tried-to shoot), which cuts off heads and shows the ground.

As I've said before, this shooting video stuff is a work-in-progress for myself. Recording  audio is 1-thing, but Video? especially while carrying other things in my hands as well, well, it's a skill I'm working on to master, but still needs practice.



Parts 2 and/or 3 if time allows, will be shared in the next few days. The editing on Premiere Elements tho is both rather un-user-Friendly and even more-so, time consuming when it requires over an hour just to convert a 450mb file, lol.

4/19/15 12:36AM

Myself, my fiancee and my friend John went to 3 stores today after a slightly *late* breakfast around 9:30AM.

Barely Brothers
Agharta Records
Cheapo in St.Paul

Items:

-The Decemberists - Picaresque (10 yr Anniversary colored, which includes a download of a live show from 2005 in Portland, Oregon)
-Tomorrow - Tomorrow (Gatefold)
-Typhoon - Prosthetic Love 7"

-XTC - Skylarking
-XTC - The Big Express (Promo)
-Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (German issue)


Breakfast at Colossal Cafe in the Como area (the St.Paul location, the open date is still pending).

I attempted to shoot a bunch of 2-7 minute on-site video, which if by some miracle, I will be able to edit-together (while editing out much of it at points). But we'll see. A lot of the videos had durations of time where you don't see anything or people's heads are cutoff, hence why the editing would be beneficial.

A video with the Fiancee and I showing our RSD items again? may or may not happen. If it does, I would look for it to be shorter than the 30 min from RSD 2014. We'll see, time is rarely on our side tho.

I may just instead, try and write something more extensive about the issues I have with RSD and I suppose why this year was much less stressful and may be a new/best approach for years to come.

Or at least why Black Friday RSD seems to be a little more my and the Fiancee's thing I guess.