Sunday, August 31, 2014

WatchMojo.com List: Top 10 The Police songs (MY LIST, their video)



I'm a somewhat nostalgic, from High School mainly, Police fan, mainly because my best friend in HS was an absolute Police and Sting addict, and he drove every where we'd go, thus he also controlled the music. So I spent dozens and dozens (literally) of trips and especially Friday and Saturday nights listening to The Police and Sting on those drives getting into mischief, or just to our local McDonalds and Mr.Movies/Blockbuster/Hollywood Video..and of course Best Buy and Tidal Wave at one point.

Why we rarely went to Cheapo? I honestly don't recall. I suppose mainly due to the fact my best friend was someone who time was of the essence, and he always wanted to go do things asap (eating dinner on the drive home for instance, lol). And so driving into St.Paul to Cheapo would have compromised more time that he'd rather watch movies or play basketball down at the park near my folks place.

At any case, the WatchMojo.com list isn't bad, but also pretty predictable. Voices Inside My Head gets an HM and not something like Spirits in the Material World? yeah, that one is kind of surprising given the shear amount of Airplay for both songs, but whatevah.

Below is an Guestimation of my own personal top 12 or so with a few Honorable Mentions. I probably am leaving a few off at least the HM, but this is pretty close to my favorite songs from these guys.

Synchronicity II
Wrapped Around Your Finger
The Bed's Too Big Without You
Spirits in the Material World
Man in a Suitcase
It's Alright For You
Message in a Bottle
Secret Journey
Synchronicity I
Canary in a Coalmine
Bring on the Night
Too Much Information

HM: Can't Stand Losing You, King of Pain, So Lonely, De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, Tea in the Sahara