Friday, July 11, 2014

Adebisi Shank - This is the Third Album of a Band Called Adebisi Shank (2014)

7/11/14 10:35PM

I have posted about this UK-based instrumental energetic Math/Post/Prog band of a kind. I really got into their debut LP in 2008 I recall/ The constant energy on that somewhat short (30 minutes?) debut record was off the charts. It almost was like workout music or something.

I recall the follow-up their 2nd album of aptly titled "This Is the 2nd Album of a Band Called Adebisi Shank" I remember liking somewhat, but didn't find as addictive. Some people compared it to sounding almost too much like the band Battles. I guess I don't recall that so much, as it didn't quite have that amazing energy anfd flow that the 1st album did.

That being said, I actually rated it at 4-stars on rateyourmusic.com, so I must have liked a fair amount of it regardless.

Anyway, this record drops on August 12th. There's some of it to stream already plus a humorous teaser of sorts.

This is the Third Album of a band called Adebisi Shank PRE-ORDER

1. World in Harmony
2. Big Unit 04:35
3. Turnaround
4. Mazel Tov
5. Thundertruth
6. Sensation
7. Chaos Emeralds
8. Voodoo Vision 06:00
9. (trio always)

Preorder Link

http://adebisishank.bandcamp.com/