Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mayer Hawthorne opening for Hall and Oates, Irivine, CA 8/30/15



I don't live near Irvine, CA of course, but with Mayer and Hall and Oates on 1 bill together, the Fiancee would freak out to see this show.

For the 2 of us, it may end up around $1200-$1500, including a trip finally to Amoeba I suppose, but that price range isn't completely unthinkable considering some different factors from now until August 30th.

Of course Mayer was once on "Live From Daryl's House" and has even covered "You Make My Dreams"

We'll see, but it would hardly be shocking if we make this *that* trip post-Grad School for her.

This is almost like Marillion + Rush or Ours + dredg for her, so it is *that* much of an EVENT, and likely just a 1-off as Hall and Oates don't do a ton of touring extensively now (more festivals and such).

Also if it is the same venue, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, I think it is, Outdoors, etc..it is the place I saw Dream Theater on Gigantour,

edit: July 24th, 2005, so 10 years and a little over a month..I was out there for a Family Reunion actually, and it was pure luck/coincidence I was able to attend that festival.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2005/verizon-wireless-amphitheater-irvine-ca-43d6d3db.html