Monday, February 16, 2015

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (2014-2015)

2/16/15 5:24PM

"No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"


1/12/15 5:18PM

Being released on March 30th/31st. some stuff I just read this is supposed to be the ole "return to his roots" kind of record, which if it is like the pre-Michigan stuff, stripped down, almost purely acoustic singer/songwriter, I am not expecting a ton.

On the other hand, if much or any of this record resembles the epic (and electronic?) nature of The Age of Adz, I may be pleasantly happy to get into another on of his records. Even just the use of the chamber instrumentation of Michigan and Illinois I'd be game for.

But the trailer has me thinking this may be more of the folky/stripped Sufjan, but we'll see.

http://music.sufjan.com/album/carrie-lowell

Carrie & Lowell cover art

1. Death with Dignity
2. Should Have Known Better
3. All Of Me Wants All Of You
4. Drawn to the Blood
5. Eugene
6. Fourth of July
7. The Only Thing
8. Carrie & Lowell video
9. John My Beloved
10. No Shade In The Shadow Of The Cross
11. Blue Bucket of Gold