Tuesday, November 15, 2011

RUMOR: Anthony Green to work with Casey Crescenzo + tour with The Dear Hunter?

How do I say this as tactfully as possible: I just noticed some rumors about Casey Crescenzo and Anthony Green working together. I guess for fans of both, or for those fans of one and not knowing the other, if it happens, and they like it, good for them. But personally, unless something dramatically changes with Anthony's voice, I expect to not care much for any of it that involves his vocals.

So naturally I'm also not all that crazy about the idea if a tour were to happen with The Dear Hunter and Anthony Green. But again, if others enjoy that prospect, great. But I can foresee seeing The Dear Hunter and tuning-out or not catching any of Anthony's set, save for if Casey were join him on stage I suppose.

Edit: yep, from the new The Dear Hunter newsletter, the dates below are confirmed with Anthony Green, but not in or anywhere near Minnesota.
So, personally I can't be too upset. If we are to not get a tour here for TDH, at least it's not with a band/artist I love or would love to see them with like 3 or Between the Buried and Me (unlike the Porcupine Tree tour last year).

But, for the emo kids who know Circa Survive and Green in this town, perhaps exposure to Casey and TDH would have been nice. But then again, then those kids would show up at every subsequent TDH show and even hardcore dance. Which, now thinking about that, I'm sort of impartial too given I find the kids Hardcore dancing humorous now. But the past accounts of Circa Survive's fan base (not necessarily in MN mind you) still would not be all that favorable a group showing up, unless they didn't both the people I like (the progheads like myself and of course members of The Dear Hunter and any other band on the bill I might like).

Date Venue Location
1/13/12 Toad's Place - New Haven, CT
1/14/12 The Recher Theatre - Towson, MD
1/15/12 The Loft @ The Chance - Poughkeepsie, NY
1/18/12 Paradise Rock Club - Boston, MA
1/19/12 Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY
1/20/12 Union Transfer - Philadelphia, PA
1/27/12 State Theatre - St Petersburg, FL
1/31/12 Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
2/1/12 Korova - San Antonio , TX
2/2/12 Mohawk - Austin, TX
2/3/12 Trees - Dallas, TX
2/4/12 Tricky Falls - El Paso, TX
2/6/12 Clubhouse Music Venue - Tempe, AZ
2/8/12 The Epicentre - San Diego, CA
2/9/12 El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
2/11/12 The Glass House - Pomona, CA
2/12/12 Slim’s - San Francisco, CA
2/14/12 Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
2/15/12 Neumos - Seattle, WA
2/17/12 The Complex - Salt Lake City, UT
2/18/12 Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO
My .02 + more.