Friday, August 30, 2019

Tool, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Radiohead...

I honestly do not care about, to the point I get inundated by comments, posts, suggestions and message board replies on Social Media, that at least in a window of time, seem to never end.

I know people like these artists, but they aren't for me (or as much as they once were).

I guess part of the idea of almost BEING EXPECTED TO LIKE OR EVEN TALK ABOUT THEM gets tedious and I have to put on my IGNORE CAP regularly.

Image result for Ignore Cap

Hipster-itis among other issues 
besides (Tool, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Radiohead)
Deafheaven
CHVRCHES
Kamasi Washington
Greta Van Fleet
Beyonce
Ariana Grande
Tame Impala
5 Seconds to Summer
21 Pilots
Imagine Dragons
Bruno Mars
Drake
Chance the Rapper
Childish Gambino
Arcade Fire
The Flaming Lips
Lizzo
Swans

Among prog circles (this list probably needs a rather extensive EDIT):
Haken
Big Big Train
Periphery
Vola
Astronoid
Soen
Animals as Leaders


Don't hate, but just don't care
TesseracT
Redemption
The Ocean
Seventh Wonder
The Pineapple Thief (way too much like Radiohead with Thom Yorke-like vocals)
Ghost

It's been awhile since I really got into any of their work, and I may or may not spend much if any time with their new album.
Riverside
Leprous
Devin Townsend
Between the Buried and Me
Opeth
The Decemberists
Mastodon