Monday, October 1, 2018

Meaningful Songs: Dream Theater - Scarred

New series, which given it hopefully will be short in length and detail. Sometimes I may just write 1 sentence or less, I dunno. I just thought about this the other day, as a way to post more often quickly.

So I may post 10 or more of these per week. No certainty, but at least from a time stand point, they may not require as much as albums and artist anecdotes, etc.

Dream Theater - Scarred

Short and sweet. Probably my go-to as a favorite Dream Theater song. Lyrically and musically. It's perfect. It's dark prog metal with more than 1 message or emotional side to it.

The section with the lyrics
And how come you don't understand me?
And how come I don't understand you?
Thirty years say we're in this together
So open your eyes.


People in prayer for me
Everyone there for me
Sometimes I feel I should face this alone
My soul exposed
It calms me to know that I won't


This is gut-wrenching as any lyrics I've ever heard. And you combine it with the intensity and goosebumps just come in faster than a speeding bullet.